About the establishment of the Informatics Research Promotion Office
Here at the Faculty and Graduate School of Informatics (FGSI) of Shizuoka University, our primary institutional goal is the promotion of innovative informatics research combining humanities and scientific disciplinary approaches. Toward this goal, we have established the Informatics Research Promotion Office (IRPO) located on our home campus. The IRPO provides a venue for guest researchers from the realms of business and community governance to advise, pursue, and otherwise cooperate in promoting practical research for the benefit of society using our university as a base from which to coordinate these efforts.
Our objective is to plan and facilitate informatics research at FGSI combining humanities and scientific disciplinary approaches, with the aims of contributing to the field of informatics itself and to the benefit and further development of today’s highly information-oriented society.
Our IRPO organization consists of the following members:
• Director (concurrently serving FGSI Professor)
• Members (several concurrently serving FGSI faculty members)
• Visiting researchers, including businesspersons, technicians, politicians, bureaucrats, etc., working in various informatics-related fields appointed after IRPO nomination and FGSI faculty meeting approval (see current list of researchers).
• Other staff
C. Current Activities
We are currently carrying out the following activities in pursuit of our above-stated Objective:
• Supporting group research projects underway at the FGSI
• Hosting the Informatics Workshop (WiNF)
• Augmenting existing funding and procuring new funding sources (especially government research grants)
• Coordinating joint research with industry
• Promoting practical benefits to society from funded research results and newly developed technologies
• Other activities contributing to advances in the field of informatics
|Name||Face Photo||Through History|
|Tetsuya Izu (Visiting Professor)||
FUJITSU LABORATORIES Ltd. Security Research Laboratory,
|Takayuki Inagawa (Visiting Professor)||
Vice President & General Manager
|Naohiko Uramoto (Visiting Professor)||
Chief Digital Officer, Emerging Technology and Business Development Office, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp.
|Kazuhiko Ohkubo (Visiting Professor)||
|Hideto Ogawa (Visiting Professor)||
|Hiroyuki Kazama (Visiting Professor)||
NTT DATA, Inc.
|Kazuhiro Kusunoki (Visiting Professor)||
|Kazushi Kuse (Visiting Professor)||
Senior Executive Officer, Digital Value Creation, Asahi Kasei Corp.
|Keizo Sugiyama (Visiting Professor)||
Security Division, KDDI Research, Inc.
|Yasutomo Suzuki (Visiting Professor)||
Mayor of Hamamatsu
|Mikiya Tani (Visiting Professor)||
NEC Corporation. Global Innovation Strategy Division
|Shinichi Hirata (Visiting Professor)||
NTT Social Informatics Laboratories